Friday, September 29, 2017

Getting to Know Lynn Hammond

Because one of the Blog Queens who shall be nameless goofed and put Lynn Hammond up under the wrong name, she-who-has-no-name is republishing Lynn's post from 09/23/2017. I'm particularly drawn to Lynn's story as I know so many readers who become fans of romance novels during times of strife and grief. For many of us to turn our attention to writing romance is an obvious next step. Please welcome again: Lynn Hammond.
 In love and light, Judith
P.S. You'll note comments from 09/23/17 are included. Just scroll on down to leave yours.

Romancing the Genres was started by two not-yet-published authors and while both Sarah and Judith are now multi-published we do have a soft spot for writers who are on the cusp. We are pleased to introduce you to Lynn Hammond who is not-quite-yet-published. She is doing it the ‘right way’ and her first book “Risky Lies“ is at the editor's. 

May 11, 2011 my life changed.

My father left my house on a motorcycle. 

About five minutes later we heard several different siren sounds.

An ambulance went down our road several times with the sirens on. My husband decided he wants to go find out what was going on.

That day I lost my father and I lost myself.

It took two years to recover from his death.

I went to a facility for seven weeks to do Cognitive therapy. These classes help recovery from PTSD. My assignment was "pick one hobby to do". I picked reading. After seven weeks’ I could read a whole book without distractions.

I have been reading one book every two days. I notice that this helps me relax and imagine myself in the romance stories.

When I started reviewing books on Amazon I notice the authors were sending me Facebook request. I really enjoyed talking with them, playing games on their sites, and just helping them with characters in their book.

I went to my first RT convention in Atlanta, GA. I decided why not try to write. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. I ask several authors about my ideas and they loved it and encouraged me to write.

Lynn Hammond
I like New Adult Romance because it is exciting. At the beginning adult stages, the teenagers are experimenting. They want to be grown-ups. As a teenager once myself you are so full of life and you have so many obstacles to face.

I have a lot of stories to tell and one day I hope to get them all out. 

Thanks for Listen,

Love,
Lynn Hammond

Check out Lynn's website:



You can also contact her at lynnhammondauthor@gmail.com


10 comments:

Lynn Lovegreen said...

Great post, Lynn. I enjoy New Adult books for the same reasons--it's a heady time of life!

Judith Ashley said...

Lynn, thanks for guesting with us. Sorry I'm so late in commenting. The day just got away from me. I'm enjoying getting to know more about New Adult Romance and the authors who love to write about that time in a person's life.

author lynn hammomd said...

Thank you. New Adult keeps you on your toes. The characters are always changing.

author lynn hammomd said...

Yes it is. New Adult character are fantastic to write

Deb N said...

Lynn - so sorry for your loss. But wonderful that you have turned that moment into something positive for yourself. I wish you the best as you pursue your writing career. The world of romance and romance writers is a wonderful, supportive place.

author lynn hammomd said...

Thank you Deb

Sarah Raplee said...

It always amazes me how each author's journey is unique. Thank you for sharing the beginning of yours.

Happy Writing!!!

author lynn hammomd said...

Thank you Sarah. We all are Unique

author lynn hammomd said...

Good Morning!! Fall is here and I am loving it. Tonight going to have a Bonfire 🔥 roast some hotdogs and relax. I am working on several books at one time. I decided to hire a developmental editor to help me add more on my characters. Being a New Author is a lot of work . I give hands up for all the authors in the world.
I am working on a Christmas Alaska Cruise and I hope to have it out before Christmas . Cross yawls fingers .

I hope everyone has a blessed day

Love Lynn

Judith Ashley said...

Good for you, Lynn. A good developmental editor is a treasure. And writing a book is much more work than many people think. So glad you are taking the time to publish a well-written, edited story!