Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Seven...

As it just so happens, this month is the 7th celebration of the blog! *Happy Dance* While I have only been a genre-ista for a few months, it truly was an honor being able to share some of my favorite things with all of you. From stories of my kids, pets, to my own books, you've all been a fantastic audience, and I want to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. However, this month will also be my last month. Ya know how the saying goes...life sometimes gets in the way. 

With that said, and to keep inline with the theme this month,  I'd like to share the top 3 things I have learned over the last seven years.

1) You know that old saying, "Patience is a virtue"? I am sure you do. Well, turns out it's totally true. The older I get, the less of a hurry I find myself in to pretty much do anything. This often translates into my writing habits. Sometimes the story just flows and it comes pouring out of me thousands of words at a time. However, there are other times that I get nada. Just...meh. I have learned that my best writing comes when I do not try to force it, and have a clear path outlined ahead. By being patient and creating a well thought out outline before I dive in head first, I am able to stay focused and get that book written. So yay for patience on that front!

2) Not everyone is going to like you or what you do. This is very true for us authors out there. When an author publishes a book, they are sharing a part of their heart and soul with the world. However, not everyone who reads their books is going to become a raving fan, and as a result, bad reviews happen—and a bad review hurts. I have learned to "shake it off", per se. There are things in this world that I don't like, therefore it's only logical others feel the same. To each their own!

3) Perhaps the strongest lesson I have learned over the last seven years though is, you have to work for what you want. Nothing falls into your lap without it. Perseverance and determination are my best friend!


Best wishes to all!

Yours truly, 

Ishabelle Torry





2 comments:

Lynn Lovegreen said...

So true, Ishabelle! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah Raplee said...

We have enjoyed having you as a Genre-ista, Ishabelle! We will miss you. Wishing you the Best of Luck and many sales in the future.